Are you looking for the opportunity to work in a dynamic, supportive, and innovative team with consistent referrals in ADHD and related conditions?
We offer flexible working arrangements, the chance to work across adult and child specialities if desired and excellent supervision (peer supervision if more suited to your experience) along with group work and research opportunities.
Founded in 1993, ADHD Western Australia is a support, information, advocacy and therapy agency for people with ADHD and associated conditions.
We work with children, teenagers, and adults living with learning differences, as well as their families and partners. We also support those who treat, teach, and work with people living with ADHD, including offering psychological therapy and neuropsychological assessments.
- We are a small yet diverse team of Clinical Psychologists, Neuropsychologists, Registered Psychologists. We pride ourselves on being friendly, client-centred, and forward-thinking.
- Having recently moved to a larger consulting space we are looking for an endorsed Clinical Psychologist for 2-4 days per week.
- We specialise in ADHD and related conditions for children and adults of all ages, and therefore due to the varied comorbidities of ADHD we see a range of presentations from behaviour problems, social difficulties, problems with organisation and executive function, anxiety, and depression.
- Our therapeutic style incorporates CBT, ACT, behaviour management approaches, elements from Systemic Therapy, and Positive Psychology approaches such as Self-Compassion.
About the Role:
We are looking for a compassionate, personable, and motivated Clinical Psychologist/Registrar with specialist endorsement and/or an interest in ADHD.
There are many and varied opportunities within our team, as we offer individual and group treatments, training and workshops, and some research initiatives with strong links to UWA.
The Neuropsychology team also carry out Neuropsychological assessments, and therefore if that is consistent with your interests then there are opportunities for career development in that area also.
Supervision is provided, and if it is more consistent with your experience then this may be Peer Supervision.
- Completion of a Masters or Doctoral Degree in Clinical Psychology.
- Full registration with the Psychology Board of Australia.
- Endorsement in the area of Clinical Psychology with the Psychology Board of Australia.
- Our working style is flexible, but a solid grounding in CBT and/or ACT is essential.
- The ability to work collaboratively within a team, and to maintain good communication with Administrative staff and colleagues.
- Experience with ADHD in children and/or adults is highly valued.
- Experience and the ability to work across the child and adult specialties is desired, though not essential.
- The ability to work effectively with parents utilising a behaviour management framework, for example PPP, would be helpful.
- An interest in research is highly valued but not essential.
If you have the attributes we are looking for, please email your cover letter addressing the criteria above, along with your resume to email@example.com. For more information about ADHD WA, please visit www.adhdwa.org.
We reserve the right to withdraw the position at any time, for any reason.