Learn how to apply practical high impact teaching strategies that will support engagement in learning and improved behaviour.
Are you concerned about the students with ADHD in your classroom?
Do you feel challenged to find the balance between the needs of your class and supporting students with ADHD learn effectively?
Whether you are a primary or secondary school teacher, school principal, education assistant, school psychologist, occupational therapist or speech therapist, this professional development program will provide new perspectives and a better understanding of:
- What is happening inside the ADHD brain from a neuro-psychological perspective.
- The biggest challenges and daily struggles for young people with ADHD.
- Barriers to learning (spoiler: attention is not the main barrier).
- Strategies that overcome barriers and support your students to achieve success.
- How to partner with families to achieve better outcomes.
You will learn how to implement a strengths-based approach and apply practical, high impact teaching strategies that will support engagement in learning and improved behaviour.
Topics covered during the day include:
- Understanding ADHD (the latest research provides some surprising insights).
- Inclusive classroom management and clever ideas for adjusting the environment.
- Effective approaches for behaviour management and reinforcing positive behaviour.
- Emotional self-regulation and critical support for social emotional well-being.
- Evidence based, high impact teaching strategies.
- Simple and effective accommodations and differentiation that supports a strengths-based approach.
- Engaging with parents to support learning.
This professional learning activity applies to the following professional standards for teachers in Western Australia:
- Standard 1: Know Students and how they learn – Focus areas 1.2 and 1.5.
- Standard 3: Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning – Focus areas 3.3 and 3.4
- Standard 4: Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments – Focus areas 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3
- Standard 7: Focus area 7.3 Engage with the parents/carers
Cost per participant
$320 (no schools membership) | $250 (schools membership)
A physical program book will be posted to all participants before the event. Due to postal time frames, you may not receive your book in time if you book within three weeks of the event date, however we will do our best to get them to you asap.