Success For Students with ADHD | Teacher Professional Development Program
ADHD WA’s Professional Development Program has been successfully facilitated to more than 200 teachers, school principals/assistant principals, education assistants, school psychologists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, tutors both in person and online across Australia and overseas over the last 18 months.
I found this an extremely valuable professional development opportunity. The information and content, the resource to takeaway and the practical strategies to apply immediately in the classroom was exceptional – Teacher Participant
Thank you for a very informative and classroom-relevant day. All speakers were excellent and gave practical strategies to take away – Teacher Participant
A very engaging day. Presenters were clear, the pace of information was appropriate and easy to follow. Good balance of explicit learning and peer learning. – Teaching Assistant
I found the PL very helpful. The speakers were engaging and knowledgeable and brilliantly spoken. I’m excited to implement the strategies I’ve learnt and distribute on the information gained to my staff – School Principal
A very engaging day. Presenters were clear, the pace of information was appropriate and easy to follow. Good balance of explicit learning and peer learning. – Education Support
2022 Program Dates
- Online via Zoom – Monday 11 April | 9am to 3:00pm | Bookings Open | (school holidays for most states reducing the logistics or arranging relief teachers and associated costs)
- Perth, WA in person – Friday 10 June | 9am to 3:00pm | (bookings open early 2022)
- Perth, WA in person – Friday 2 September | 9am to 3:00pm (bookings open early 2022)
Online Program Booking Below
Learn how to apply practical high impact teaching strategies that will support engagement in learning and improved behaviour.
Are you concerned about the students with ADHD in your classroom?
Do you feel challenged to find the balance between the needs of your class and supporting students with ADHD learn effectively?
Whether you are a primary or secondary school teacher, school principal, education assistant, school psychologist, occupational therapist or speech therapist, this professional development program will provide new perspectives and a better understanding of:
- What is happening inside the ADHD brain from a neuro-psychological perspective.
- The biggest challenges and daily struggles for young people with ADHD.
- Barriers to learning (spoiler: attention is not the main barrier).
- Strategies that overcome barriers and support your students to achieve success.
- How to partner with families to achieve better outcomes.
You will learn how to implement a strengths-based approach and apply practical, high impact teaching strategies that will support engagement in learning and improved behaviour.
Topics covered during the day include:
- Understanding ADHD (the latest research provides some surprising insights).
- Inclusive classroom management and clever ideas for adjusting the environment.
- Effective approaches for behaviour management and reinforcing positive behaviour.
- Emotional self-regulation and critical support for social emotional well-being.
- Evidence based, high impact teaching strategies.
- Simple and effective accommodations and differentiation that supports a strengths-based approach.
- Engaging with parents to support learning.
This professional learning activity applies to the following professional standards for teachers in Western Australia:
- Standard 1: Know Students and how they learn – Focus areas 1.2 and 1.5.
- Standard 3: Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning – Focus areas 3.3 and 3.4
- Standard 4: Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments – Focus areas 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3
- Standard 7: Focus area 7.3 Engage with the parents/carers
Cost Per Participant
$320 (no school membership) | $250 (with a school membership)
(includes hard copy comprehensive resource)
A packaged designed for educational bodies. Get discounts on educational seminars and conferences for up to 10 staff members. And, get access to our onsite library of resources.